Tuesday, March 25, 2014

How do we help those that are broken?

Today's thoughts come together in Isaiah 61:1.  When we are faced with the question, "HOW can I help someone who is in pain, grieving, or broken?"  The answer comes so simply in these words:  "The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me (you); because the LORD has anointed me (you) to preach good tidings to the meek; He has sent me (you) to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound."  Aren't these words just awesome?!  I often wonder how I can help someone trapped in self-medicating behaviors or someone who has just faced an overwhelming tragedy. Rule #1: Don't try to fix someone!  Instead bind them up with tender love and care, share the freedom found in knowing God, and to those who are bound by life and all of its cares.....well we should be sharing the victory that Christ gives when we release ourselves to Him!   Sounds simple, but in reality IT IS!   Have a extravagant day in the love of God for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment