Saturday, March 29, 2014

Extravagant Dimensions

I love my two sons!  Being their mom has been one of my greatest joys in my life!  There is not anything that I wouldn't do for them.  There isn't a day that goes by that I am not thinking about them.  There isn't a night that goes by that I am not fervently praying for them and asking God to bless them more than anything and with everything!  Today, I made the happy connection between my love for my boys and God's love for me, as His child.  Ephesians 3:17-19 is a tremendous prayer that Paul prayed for those he cared about.  It is truly should be the prayer we have for ourselves and for those we love as well:  "That Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite Him in.  And I ask Him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all Christians the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love.  Reach out and experience the breadth!  Test its length!  Plumb the depths!  Rise to the heights!  Live full lives, full in the fullness of God."  Now that is love!  Extravagant Love!  The dimensions are never-ending!  I love my sons and I feel like I love them extravagantly, but compared to the love of God it falls short of His far-reaching dimensions!  My prayer today is that I can remember that God loves me so much that He thinks of me all day long and wants what is best for me.  He wants to bless me beyond measure and wants to see me come to know Him in a way that I begin to be an example of His love to others!  So, to my two awesome sons, today I dedicate this blog entry to you and I pray that you may get to know the extravagant love of a God who can and will always love you more than I can!  EXTRAVAGANT LOVE...................
.....what a wonderful God we have, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment