Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Run for the Antidote!

If you suddenly were faced with a life threatening bite of a venomous snake or someone you loved had just been bit would you save them?  We all would say in unison "YES" and based on that yes we would each take what ever measure that saving a life would mean!  We would get as quickly as we could to the nearest hospital to receive the life-saving antidote....we would not walk to that treatment; we would not stop to post on Face Book about the bite we had just received from the snake; we would not take time to call our friends, send a picture from our Iphone's.....not a person in this world would do anything more than RUN and run as fast and as hard as we could to get the cure and to ensure that life would continue. 

So how about the days when you wake up in the morning and anxiety, depression, selfish emotions, or any other "bite" that Satan willing gives us to kill our spirits and to deaden our souls towards a God who has promised to never leave us or forsake us?  If you knew that there was a cure, an Antidote, for those deadly, poisonous bites that come from one who could care less about whether you live or die, would you take it?  There is an Antidote for the deadly poison of anxiety, depression, mourning, unhappiness and the many other forms that the fangs of sin.  That Antidote is THANKFULNESS!  I am deadly serious about this.  Try it sometime.  At the first pangs of that deadly bite of anxiety begin to be thankful.  Start by saying outloud:
  •  "I am thankful I am alive!"
  •  "I am thankful I made it this far!"
  •  "I am thankful I am loved and have a God who cares about every detail of my life!"  
  • "I am thankful for my dog who has blessed my life with love!""  
This life-saving Antidote comes from the Great Healer Himself who is God! 

So let's start from the beginning....if you were suddenly faced with a life threatening bite of a venomous snake would you run towards the antidote?  Or will you to continue to stroll along the path, stopping to inspect a small rock, or go on to text about that morning's coffee, Twitter about the color of the blue sky while you are slowing dying inside from the poison of fear, depression, lack of trust, self-induced addictions that will kill you.  Why would you delay the only true Antidote that can save you???  GET THANKFUL!  If I could offer a 100% money-back guarantee on the Antidote of thankfulness, I would and I would offer it for the rest of your life because it works!   Now go and get your thankful on!  The poison of Satan has a Cure and it is free of charge.....and it does come with a 100% guarantee!   I am thankful to be here writing this post today!  I am living proof that the Antidote works!!

No comments:

Post a Comment